It is true that an early detection of plumbing leaking issues can save you more money and prevent you from the potential of the worse plumbing problems. This is one of the reasons why even a small leak is crucial for the entire household. In fact, the small leaks can turn into the most dangerous and damaging disaster in your building.
Generally, the homeowners aren’t fully aware of the plumbing issue that is happening in their house. Some may have acknowledged it but they tend to ignore it, because they think it is only a simple structural problem and it may stop over the time. However, sometimes you need to take role as a detective to find the root of this problem. There are at least a few things that you can do to identify the problem. Here are some of the ways that you can follow:
- Check the water meter. You need to turn off all the water sources in your building, including the faucets, dishwasher and washing machine. You need to make sure that it doesn’t run at the moment. Pay attention to the water meter and see if there are any significant changes happening. If you can see the changes, there is a big possibility that you have a fast-moving water leak in your house. On the other hand, if it doesn’t make any significant changes straight away, you should check it back after a few hours. Again, if you find any changes with the water meter, you should be alert that it might be a sign of the existence of water leak inside your house.
- Monitor the monthly water bill. If your water bill increases higher without any additional activities happen around the house, then it might be happened due to the plumbing issue. You probably wonder why it happens, because you have seen no sign of water leaks. In fact, there ae also some hidden leaks that you might not be aware of.
- Odor smell. If you notice the existence of molds or foul smells around the house, you need to check whether there is a wet area inside your house due to plumbing issue. The moisturized area will always be the perfect place for the mold and bacteria to breed. And the plumbing issue usually results in making a mini flood or bursting water that makes the surrounding area becomes wet.
The indicating leaks at your home critically need to be addressed as soon as possible, because it can bring a lot of disadvantages to your house. However, a plumbing repair is actually not as difficult as you imagined it to be. Having a frequent maintenance of the plumbing system in your house may help you to prevent any plumbing problems and will definitely save you a fortune. Here are the common plumbing problem and how to repair it by yourself:
- Clogged drain. If you encounter this issue, you don’t need to worry, because this is the common plumbing issue that can be addressed with the home appliance that is available in your house. You can make use of vinegar and baking soda to clear the obstruction away, just mix the substances with the hot water and pour the solution into the drain.
- Broken pipes. If you experience this issue, you need to find out the leak on the pipes immediately, or else it will result in making mini flood inside your house. To fix this issue, you can try the pipe relining method. A pipe relining is a method where your pipes will be repaired by utilizing a special resin to form another strong or even stronger pipe than the original ones.
- Leaking taps. If you encounter that the water keeps dropping from the taps, you need to turn off the faucet, which becomes the water sources. This will stop the water from dropping. Afterwards, you need to wrap the pipe insulation and then try to turn it on again. If you don’t open the tap, and the water keeps running, you might need to call for help from a professional plumber in Mornington as soon as possible, before it makes your water bill become higher than ever.